I love lists. I love making lists, checking items off of lists, pretty much anything having to do with lists. Blame it on my OCD. In that light, I thought I’d share my latest travel adventure in list form. Here’s my top 10 things to do the next time you find yourself in ‘Frisco:
1. Golden Gate Bridge – A must-see in your trip to the Bay, this is perhaps the most famous suspension bridge in the US. Either walk it, bike it or drive it and snap a great photo your friends will envy.
2. Fisherman’s Wharf – Pick up your souvenirs and a hot bowl of clam chowder in this fun-filled tourist-y spot. Boudin Bakery has really good bread bowls!
3. Muir Woods – Stop by this national park and take in amazing views as you stroll among the redwoods.
4. Napa Valley – A day trip to Napa Valley is a great way of experiencing some of the best wines that Northern California has to offer. Remember to pace yourself as you tour the wineries !
5. Cable car – A San Francisco icon, this is the world’s last manually operated cable car system. Be prepared for a long wait if not taking the first trip of the day at 6am.
6. Union Square – This downtown neighborhood is a great spot for shopping and dining. Try visiting Sears Fine Foods for old-school diner vibes.
7. Sausalito – This tiny city north of San Fran offers small shops and restaurants to visit while waiting for a ferry ride across the Golden Gate Strait.
8. Bus tour – If you’re short on time, using a hop-on/hop-off bus tour is a great option for sightseeing. Some of the tours even go outside the city to popular sites.
9. Lombard Street – Dubbed “the crookedest street in the world,” this steep street is one of the most popular tourist attractions in San Francisco. I suggest walking it but, for you daredevils out there, try driving it.
10. “Postcard Row” – Pictures of the Victorian-style homes in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood have been used in countless films and TV shows like “Full House.” You can check them out at 710-720 Steiner Street.
Photos taken with Iphone 7.
Written by MAC
Freelance Writer, Traveler, MD